Faculty soccer followers love a Cinderella story, and there are many jaw-dropping stats and information to show that there’s by no means been one fairly like this yr’s TCU workforce.
Max Duggan and the Horned Frogs are at the moment listed as 12.5-point underdogs heading into Monday’s Faculty Soccer Playoff National Championship Sport towards No. 1-ranked Georgia.
It’s the final David vs. Goliath story as Georgia is trying to turn into the primary program in 10 years to repeat as back-to-back nationwide champions, whereas TCU is trying to seize the varsity’s first nationwide title in 84 years.
Listed here are 10 enjoyable information that ought to assist put TCU’s inconceivable run to this yr’s nationwide championship recreation into perspective.
1. TCU is the primary Huge 12 workforce to succeed in the nationwide championship recreation within the Faculty Soccer Playoff period.
2. If TCU beats Georgia, the Horned Frogs can be the primary workforce since Georgia Tech in 1990 to enter the faculty soccer season unranked and win a nationwide championship.
Will TCU be the unranked workforce within the preseason AP Ballot to beat Georgia?
TCU is trying to be the primary workforce to start out the season unranked within the preseason AP ballot and win a nationwide title since Georgia Tech in 1990.
3. TCU’s 51-45 victory over Michigan within the Fiesta Bowl marked the most important upset in CFP historical past. The Horned Frogs had been listed as eight-point underdogs heading into the sport.
4. TCU is listed at +12.5 heading into Monday’s nationwide championship recreation, which marks the most important level unfold for any CFP or BCS championship recreation. The earlier excessive got here when Miami was 12-point favorites over Ohio State within the 2002 BCS Championship Sport.
5. TCU is the primary workforce from the talent-rich state of Texas to ever play in a Faculty Soccer Playoff National Championship Sport. The Horned Frogs are the primary program from the state to play in any nationwide championship recreation because the Texas Longhorns again in 2009.
6. TCU coach Sonny Dykes grew to become the primary head coach in Huge 12 historical past to go 12-0 in his first season. He’s simply the fourth head coach nationally since 1996 to perform the feat.
Can TCU threaten Georgia within the National Title recreation?
Joel Klatt mentioned the matchup between the TCU Horned Frogs vs. the Georgia Bulldogs. TCU will want an explosive participant to threaten Georgia.
7. With a victory over Georgia within the nationwide championship recreation, Dykes would turn into simply the second faculty soccer coach ever to win 14 video games in his first season. The opposite is former Penn coach George Washington Woodruff, again in 1892.
8. TCU is trying to turn into simply the fifth workforce in faculty soccer historical past to win a nationwide championship after having a dropping report the earlier season. The opposite faculties to take action embody Michigan State (1962), USC (1961) and Minnesota (1960 and 1940).
9. TCU is the primary program in 46 years to win seven straight video games by 10 factors or fewer. The final workforce to perform such a feat was Colgate again in 1976.
10. TCU entered the 2022 faculty soccer season listed at +20000 (guess $10 to win $2,010 complete) at FOX Wager to win the nationwide title.
Get extra from Faculty Soccer Comply with your favorites to get details about video games, information and extra